Saturday, April 25, 2009

DIABETES



Apparently I'm in a diabetes risk... The doctor was very serious when telling me that but I was like ok. He said the ¨blah blah¨ all doctors always say ¨ you have to eat healthy and do a lot of exercise ¨. I was like, yeah, I know. But the thing is, I can't eat food that has sugar anymore... what??... I mean, I'm not a sugar obsessed, but sometimes I feel like I NEED the sugar.
The doctor said is because I have ¨hypoglycemia¨, h
aving Hypoglycemia means that my sugar goes down in a dramatic way after eating. They made a test at the doctor's office, I went there really early in the morning without eating and after a few tests they gave me like a HUGE breakfast, and after eating they run some more tests... Normally your sugar level should be higher after eating, apparently mine was 78 before eating and 52 after eating.
Since is THAT dramatic, that's why I feel the need of sugar after eating and I'm always tired feeling sleepy... Finally an answer to my problems, I thought I was just super lazy.

So at the end he said, fruits had all the sugar I need, but I have to go easy on fruits too.. and that I should stop drinking coke... WTF????????????????????????

I'm pretty much addicted to diet coke, really, I can't spend a day without drinking at least one. I need coke, I'm addicted since december 2008. My mom used to buy coke for m
e, but 2 weeks ago she decided not to buy coke anymore... So, I buy them myself... feels like a drug, believe me, somedays I even start shaking 'cause I need it sooooo much :(
I know at this point you are thinking... Woah, drinking coke is really bad.. but I KNOW! shh.

I have had 2 ¨Hypoglycemic attacks¨ and they suck. Both were when I was driving and I had to pull over 'cause It was too much. You feel dizzy, killer headache, you can barely open your eyes, you feel like throwing up, you start sweating a lot, and the solution is eating a candy. So, I don't know but, if I stop drinking coke, people will see a side of me they don't want to see, believe me!, I can become a super bitch if I want something and I can't have it... lol
So I guess,
Dia
betes, here I go... 'Cause at this moment, is not like I don't care about my health, but I don't care about stop drinking coke.. so... whatever...


P.S. I dont know if you are like I am, but Im always watching those doctors tv shows, and I've become pretty paranoic.

I wish to be: Drinking a diet coke ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment